Page 3 of 3
Stay constantly prepared for military moving
October 20, 2014
If you’re in the military, you know you could be deployed to a different base at a moment’s notice. As such, you need to be vigilant at all times and be in a constant state of readiness to pack up and go. This can be difficult with a family in tow, but a good plan and some reliable out of state movers will help ease any transition. Here are some tips to integrate with your daily life to ensure moves won’t take too long.
Keep receipts for everything related to your military moving, even well after the movers have brought everything into your new home. Many costs, including gas and supplies along the way, may be reimbursed by the military. Don’t expect to have to pay for everything until you’ve been told otherwise.
Make sure your kids understand you might have to move very quickly. Of course, you don’t want them to avoid making friends or enjoying themselves. However, preparing them for the fact you might be deployed elsewhere is kinder than avoiding the issue and springing it on them at the last minute.
Maintain a storage space somewhere you trust. There are some items, such as family heirlooms or memorabilia you probably don’t want to have with you until you’re much more settled. Keep them at a family member’s house or in a storage facility near a good friend or relative who is less prone to moving than you are.
National Breast Cancer Foundation Partnership
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines is a proud supporter of the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Stevens supports the organization through multi-faceted avenues including:
- Stevens is donating an amount from the proceeds from each private, interstate move to the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Stevens International is donating an amount from the proceeds of each non-military, household goods international move
- Stevens is donating 10₵ for each mile that the special Stevens pink moving truck travels
- Outreach through social networking
- Involvement of Stevens’ nationwide team of moving company agents
- Opportunities for Stevens’ employees to become involved